511PA is Pennsylvania's official travel information service which provides you with reliable, current traffic and weather information, as well as links to other transportation services. 511PA is designed to help you reach your destination in the most efficient manner when traveling in Pennsylvania. There is a link for this service on the slider video above (511PA Travel Info to Go).
Now there is a new companion mobile app for the 511PA service. You can now download the 511PA Mobile AP for your iPhone or Android device. You can obtain the App by scaning or clicking on the QR Codes provided below.
The 511PA mobile application covers all PennDOT - and Pennsylvania Turnpike-operated roadways for roughly 40,000 miles of roadway. Traffic incidents and construction alerts are reported on all roadways and traffic speeds are reported on approximately 15,000 miles of roadway. The App also has capabilities for neighboring states that can be easily configured within the 511PA mobile software. With 511PA, travelers can find such information such as: traffic conditions; traffic speeds; live traffic camera images; highway construction updates; winter road conditions; weather conditions and alerts; and links to other travel resources.
Here are PennDOT Instructions for 511PA Mobile App Remember not to "interact with the App" while driving your car. (Better yet ... Ride ATA and enjoy this new 511PA mobile app while on board your ATA bus).
- Launch the hands-free 511PA application before you put your car in drive. You will hear active PennDOT advisories that are near you. Now put down the phone and focus on driving. There’s nothing on your phone that you need to touch or read. Just listen for travel alerts.
- The 511PA app will remain "on" while you drive, automatically activating when you approach an area impacted by a PennDOT advisory. The app will broadcast any travel alerts for reported conditions within a set mile-range (that you can set for yourself) of your current location.
The Clearfield-Centre Vanpool Advantage Network is now available for persons who commute from anywhere in Clearfield County to State College and surrounding communities. Vanpool Advantage can offer direct point-to-point service to a Centre employer's front entrance when a group of riders join forces in an ATA vanpool advantage group. Read more and be ready to contact ATA's Vanpool Advantage Coordinator today.
This is another option to help you reach the Centre Region in comfort and on your schedule. Consider ATA’s VanpoolAdvantage Network program. Here is how you can make your daily Centre connection: join ATA's Vanpool Advantage Network.
ATA's Cool Van
Vanpool Advantage Network Members
• ATA Vanpoolers set the route,
departure times, return times according
to their own needs.
• ATA Vanpool Advantage members
can get special discounts for
new vanpool startups.
• ATA Vanpoolers are eligible for
the “Emergency Ride Home”
• ATA Vanpoolers are also eligible
to receive special federal tax
• You get full support from ATA