Senior citizens age 65 or older, who present the special ATA Photo ID or another accepted proof of identification at the time of fare payment, can ride ATA fixed route buses for free at all times (See "Age Proofs" below).
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s Free Transit Program for Senior Citizens (paid for by proceeds from the Pennsylvania Lottery) sponsors this program and reimburses ATA for all senior rides on ATA fixed routes. Check the maps and schedules area of RideATA.com or refer to the list of routes below.
Application for the ATA Photo ID card may be made by calling ATA Customer Service at 1-866-282-4968 but you can start right here.
So why pay the full fare?
Steps to register senior free transit and to obtain your ATA photo ID.
1. There is a simple form to complete called the MT-103.
3. Or you can Download, and complete the MT-103 form with the requested information.
4. It is required that you present this completed form for verifiaiton of age. Present MT-103 to an ATA official or your ATA driver.
5. Provide at least one proof of your age (see list below) so that the ATA representative can easily validate the MT-103:
AGE PROOFS FOR THE MT-103 APPLICATION
- photo driver's license (any state, valid or expired)
- armed forces discharge/separation papers
- birth certificate with file number
- baptismal certificate with church name and address
- passport/naturalization papers
- Pennsylvania ID Card
- Statement of Age Form issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
Remember that if you have not submitted and validated the MT-103 form you will be required to pay full fare.
Now you can ride free on ATA fixed routes and get a great discount on other ATA routes using the Shared Ride for Seniors program?
Call ahead to ATA offices in Johnsonburg, DuBois or Bradford to have your photo ID created.
Come to the ATA office or check with ATA for dates for photo ID sessions at you senior center or at Senior Expos held in your area throughout the year.
Click the form to download.
ATA Instructions MT 103
Complete and verify the ATA MT-103 Form.
1. Request or download the new ATA MT-103 Form in PDF format. Fill out the top section of the application completely. This is an interactive form so you can fill out your section of the MT-103 by typing from your computer.
2. Confirm Your Age. You must present one of the documents listed on the application to an ATA employee as age verification and sign the application in the employee's presence. The ATA employee will sign the back of the card to confirm the verification.
3. Return the MT-103. Mail the completed form with the ATA employee signature. Use the postage paid envelope to return your application to ATA Customer Service.
AREA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY OF NORTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA
44 TRANSPORTATION CENTER
JOHNSONBURG PA 15845-2102
CONTACT ATA CUSTOMER SERVICE
COUNTIES IN PENNSYLVANIA SERVED BY ATA
CAMERON • CLEARFIELD • ELK • JEFFERSON • McKEAN • POTTER
Area seniors ride free on these ATA fixed routes:
RideATA FREE in Clearfield County
RideATA FREE in Jefferson County
RideATA FREE in McKean County
RideATA FREE in Clarion County - The CAT BUS